Thursday, July 30, 2009

Does/did anybody have/had a young child with unusual body hair?

My three and a half year old daughter did not have any excessive hair at birth. Around one year old, she had a small area in the middle upper part of her back with a few extra hairs. This middle area has become much thicker with long (yet soft, not coarse) hairs and the rest of her back has more spread out dark hairs. It is very noticeable. I showed her doctor at her three year appointment (though it was not nearly as heavy/spread out as it is now) and he said that it was not totally unusual and to keep an eye on it. Her arms and now legs have developed dark hairs on them--At this point not really objectionable but if they got any worse, they would be noticeable. I am her mom and have some issues with excess body hair (no other known history in family at all) but my issues didn't start until puberty. With such an early start, I worry about her later when everyone naturally develops more body hair. Has anyone had this happen to their child? Thanks!



Does/did anybody have/had a young child with unusual body hair?

Nope, I haven't met any hairy babies/kids and i was practically bald at birth. I'd take her to see her doctor again.



Does/did anybody have/had a young child with unusual body hair?

consult the doc instead of wasting time thinking %26amp;worrying about this all these yrs. yes, on many children but dont u worry, let the doc take care of it



Does/did anybody have/had a young child with unusual body hair?

I can't give you any first hand advice, but would suggest consulting the dr. again. If it's still bad once she is older, closer to teen years, she can have laser treatments to remove some of the excess hair (like on her back.) These are very effective for permanent hair removal but I doubt anyone would do this (and they probably shouldn't) until she is much older.



Does/did anybody have/had a young child with unusual body hair?

Honey, your talking to someone who comes from a family of hairy people! My grand daughter developed this patch of hair about the size of a quarter under her neck and yes its a bit dark and she's "fuzzy" with dark fuzz between her shoulder blades I think that the more fuss YOU make of it the more fuss your child is likely to make of it. Actually not all of us are hairy, my daughter has some hair on her arms, I have none on my arms or legs but I do have some on my back and while I dated I never had a problem with men. My Mother was hairless but my nieces are hairy as all get out! So you just don't know who's going to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment